Claude Wagner purchased this undeveloped property in 1937. He worked in the hardware business, was associated with Forest Grove National Bank and became assistant postmaster in 1926. Mr. Wagner was also a member of the board of directors of the Forest View Cemetery from its inception until his death in 1953.
Dr. Rex Wilson and his wife Mary purchased it in 1939, the year that this Colonial Revival house was built. Dr. Wilson was a chiropractor who received his training at the Western States College of Chiropractic Physicians in Portland. He later served on the faculty as an associate professor. In June of 1929 Dr. Wilson was married to Mary Eldred Campbell. In 1938 their daughter Sandra was born, but by January of 1946 Mary and Rex were divorced. Little more is known about Mary. Three years later in 1949, Rex married the nurse from his practice, Mildred Harrison Howe. Dr. Rex Wilson passed away in 1963 after practicing in Forest Grove for thirty three years, and Mildred retained the property along with her step-daughter Sandra until 1996, when Mildred passed away at the age of 102 years old.
Sandra (Croft) worked in the community relations department for Tektronix and later was the director of the Forest Grove Senior Center. Sandra died in 2003 at the age of 64.
The house then passed on to the current owner, Sandra’s step-daughter, Laura Nicholas.